Friday, January 27, 2017

This is a SAFE PLACE FOR ALL

Hi everyone, I know that yesterday and Monday I posted two pieces that were about political issues. I want to let you all know, that I will write whatever I feel I need to write, and sometimes it will be political pieces. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, I just want to write what I feel I need to write. Inequality is a huge thing that I've become passionate about, I grew up in a home, where I was told to treat everyone equally and the way that I would want to be treated. I know that I don't always do that, but I want to try and be respectful of other people's opinions and beliefs. 

I grew up in mixed race home, with a Mexican mother, and father who is 3/4 European and 1/4 Mexican. I have a mixed background, but I was born here in the United States, I happen to speak two languages, English and Spanish. I struggle with an identity of being American or Mexican. I'm proud to be Mexican-American, sure I don't know everything about the Mexican side of my heritage but my mom has tried to help me with that.

I want everyone to feel welcome to visit and read my blog. This is a safe place for everyone, you are allowed to be who you want to be. I do not want any hateful or racist comments. If you have your own opinion on something that you don't agree with me about let me know. I would like to get your perspective, I want to become a better well rounded person. I want to hear both sides of the story.

I am saying that this place is welcome for anyone and everyone. So, feel free to share your stories with me and each other.

Love lots of love
-ADF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Ginger Snaps (TAG)

The sun felt warm against sixteen year old Ella's skin, her mahogany hair shined a more vibrant red in the light. A happy sigh fell from...