Friday, September 16, 2016

Get to Know Me

Here are 5 random facts about myself that I want to share. Leave a random fact about yourself in the comments.

1. I have died my hair three times and it doesn't work in my favor. I was twelve when I decided that I wanted to try and have blonde streaks in my hair. Yeah, my mom did it wrong and I had bright orange hair, I started middle school with the nick name 'Fireball'. When I was fifteen, I wanted to try a bright raspberry color, well I ended up with a purple tinge to my hair, it did fade to a nice caramel color nine months later. And my most recent attempt was in April, I wanted a red tint but it honestly doesn't look like anything, sure you can see it if you know what you're looking for. Next time, I might just go for blue-black.

2. I was born with green eyes, not blue or brown. But straight up green eyes, however at some point during my first few months they changed color. You can see a slight, very slight ring of green around my eyes but you have to be super close to see it.

3. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. Reading was always something that happened at home. I'm pretty sure that I could read before I started school. My dad read me and my sister the first Harry Potter book when I was six. I, later, received a copy for Christmas when I was nine, but I didn't really start reading the series until 2003, with Prisoner of Azkaban. (I might have skipped the first two, because I was really excited for movie three to come out.) But my dad read a lot to me as a kid, a lot of Arthur and Dr. Seuss, and I still have most of those books in my closet. I'm currently re-reading/finishing the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine. I'm on the first book but once I'm done I want to re-read/finish the House of Night books after. I have a long reading list.

4. I can't stand Hollywood remakes, I usually avoid them if I can. But then a few years later, after the remake has been out, I'll watch it and find that I like it. I did this with the Spider-Man movies and The Amazing Spider-Man movies. I grew up with Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man, when it was announced that there would be a re-boot with Andrew Garfield, I instantly decided that I didn't want to see them. I didn't care and I didn't want to like it, however in February, I finally bit the bullet and saw them. They're pretty good, it's a different story from the Tobey version. I did the same thing with the Man of Steel movies and the Superman movies. Don't get me wrong, I like Henry Cavill but I love Christopher Reeve as Superman more. But Man of Steel was good too, it gave a different story to Krypton since technology has advanced since the Superman movies. And I did this with the Star Trek movies. I adore the Original series with William Shatner, Deforest Kelley, Leonard Nimoy and Nichelle Nichols. I didn't see the movies with Chris Pine, Karl Urban, Zachary Quinto, and Zoe Saldana until again earlier this year. I like these just as much as the original series. Bones will forever be my favorite character with Deforest Kelley and Karl Urban's portrayals. 'Dammnit man, I'm a doctor!'

5. So, all children get the chicken pox, that's just how it is. Even with immunizations, you still the get those lovely pink and red spots all over you. Well, I was one of those unfortunate people who got the chicken pox.... wait for it... twice. It got the spots twice! The first time that I got the pox, I was four years old, and I remember an incident with me proudly showing off my spots to some visitors (probably not the best idea but to be fair I was only four. I wasn't fully developed in the head at the age). It was only a mild case, I don't really remember developing a fever just the spots, but I did give it to my sister.
The second time that I got those spots, I was six years old and in school. I had gotten them from someone else in my class who came to school clearly still contagious without spot development. I got them and it was so much worse, I remember having a fever and tummy aches, along with the itching. I do have a scar from my itching near my right eyebrow, which batch it's from I couldn't tell you. My mom might know! But after I was clear of being contagious, I was able to go back to school. Mind you that I did still have spots, not a lot but they were on my face, arms, and legs. I had a difficult time with teasing from the girls in my class because they all thought that I was still contagious. It was horrible, none of the girls wanted to play with me at recess, and those that did were really mean about me still having spots. I remember that I gave up on playing with the girls and just played with the boys, cooties be damned. The boys were much more welcoming and they didn't care that I still had spots. Of course, when you tell people at the age of six that this was the second time with chicken pox not many people believe you. Eh, I did have them twice. It's in my medical records.

-ADF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Ginger Snaps (TAG)

The sun felt warm against sixteen year old Ella's skin, her mahogany hair shined a more vibrant red in the light. A happy sigh fell from...