Monday, July 18, 2016

I Can't Stand Him

He haunts me. We have a difficult relationship, he enjoys my company. I don't really like his but he's a constant companion. We've been friends with each other for a long time, but we weren't officially introduced until 2008, but we've been each other for a long time.

Sometimes, he's nice to have around. He makes a great partner for last minute study sessions. Or when I need to finish that essay that I procrastinated on.

He can help at times, but he's got his moments of annoyance. During the school year, I want to get some sleep but he doesn't always agree with me. He'll keep me up with little random bursts of not so important information that becomes important. I toss and turn as he whispers in my ear.

I get annoyed with him, easily but he's never there when I want to yell. I lose sleep from his actions, I don't get to enjoy peaceful nights. I'm instead up with worry or excitement. I lie in bed and want him to get out of bed. But he eludes any kind of confrontation, he just walks away when I'm ready to lose my temper.

Oh insomnia, you're never leaving me alone. I can't stand you
-ADF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Ginger Snaps (TAG)

The sun felt warm against sixteen year old Ella's skin, her mahogany hair shined a more vibrant red in the light. A happy sigh fell from...