Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Not a Story Post... Just a Rambly Post

So, today is not a story post. My insomnia has flared up and I'm not feeling motivated to write out anything creative story wise. I figured I would just talk about some of the things that I've been loving lately. There's not a lot but I wanted to share anyways.

Sherlock: So, this is the BBC version. I've always loved Sherlock Holmes, Hound of the Baskervilles was one of my favorite stories but Sir Canon Doyle. But after seeing so many people on YouTube and tumblr have videos or posts about it, I bit the bullet and started to watch it. I've just finished the first season but I'm already hooked. I adore the relationship between Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch as Watson and Holmes. It's totally amazing, it has humor, drama, action, and adventure. I totally like it, plus it's in modern times so there's no worry of not understanding everything that is being said. I'm excited to start season two.

From Dusk Till Dawn: I just finished the first season on Monday. I'm totally addicted to this show. I love the plot and characters, well not all of them. This show is one that I totally love, because it's about a Meso-American myth, the Snake Queen/Goddess. As someone who is 5/8th Mexican, there isn't a ton of shows or movies about Meso-American mythology and I'm happy about this. It's just a great representation of it. There's a well diverse cast as well, so I'm excited for that.

FDTD just resonates with me in a unique way. Plus, there's snake-vampires, it takes a new look at vampire mythology. It's just so different that I'm excited to see season two and season three, whenever it airs.

That's it for now. See you all on Friday!
-Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Ginger Snaps (TAG)

The sun felt warm against sixteen year old Ella's skin, her mahogany hair shined a more vibrant red in the light. A happy sigh fell from...