Friday, June 16, 2017

Birthday Gift

"Alright, close your eyes, Artemis," Christian ordered as he stood in front of me.

"Why?" I asked as I looked at my brother with a raised eyebrow.

"You'll see soon enough," he replied with a smirk on his face.

"Fine," I hugged as I dramatically closed my eyes and placed my hand in front of eyes, just to appease my oldest brother.

I listened as his footsteps faded away, from the living room where most of the guests were settled. I could hear them asking about what was going on as they watched me. I felt the stares and glances of curiosity from the my friends and family. When the familiar steps of my brothers gait began to return I attempted to peek through my fingers.

"No peeking, Artemis," Christian called out.

I rolled my eyes as I close my fingers. "Boo," I mumbled aloud.

The laughter and chuckles from the guests filled the room. I rolled my eyes again, from the sound. I was not a joke and I didn't appreciate people laughing at me.

Christian's footsteps had now entered the room. I waited until I felt the familiar presence in front of me. "Okay, open your eyes," he said his voice was full of excitement.

I moved my hand from my face, I blinked open my eyes to adjust to the light. I gasped at the sight in front of me. There in my brother's arms was the cutest kitten I had ever seen. The little feline stared at me with golden-green eyes.

"Aw," I cooed as I reached a hand out to the kitten. "Is she mine?" I asked as the kitten moved her head out to sniff my fingertips. With a tentative movement, the baby moved forward to lick my fingers. I giggled at the rough sensation from the licking.

"Yeah, she's yours," Christian answered as he handed me the little bundle of black fur.

I gently held the sweet girl in my arms, as she cuddled against my chest. She nuzzled her head into my collarbone, I stroked her just behind the ears with my left hand. Her obsidian fur was soft to the touch. "Does she have a name?" I asked my brother.

"Nope," he answered popping the p sound. "I figured you should be the one to give her a name. she's a from Ayden and Seph, too."

-TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Ginger Snaps (TAG)

The sun felt warm against sixteen year old Ella's skin, her mahogany hair shined a more vibrant red in the light. A happy sigh fell from...