Monday, September 4, 2017

Memories and Reunions

Season 1 Ep 1: Wolf Moon
[Ellen]

I stood in line behind my friend Selene (Jelli this is you!) as I waited for my turn to sign the library book shelf that held the school's previous library years.

"I'm so excited Elle. After this day we'll officially be seniors," Selene said as she bounced on her feet.

I shook my head at my best friend."We were already seniors when last year's seniors graduated," I told her with a smile as we moved forward.

"True, but this just make it even more official you know," She said as she looked at me. "Besides this is a piece of our legacy that we're leaving behind."

"True, but I can't help but feel bad. I mean, David never got the chance to do this," I tell her with a sad smile. The tears start to sting as I think about my older brother, who died when I was seven.

He had been twelve at the time of the accident. The accident that had taken not only my big brother but also my mom and dad. I had been left as an orphan that day, and my uncle, Beacon Hills' current Sheriff had been the one to tell me.

Selene looked at me with a sad smile. "Sorry, I forgot," she said as she pulled me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms around her. "It's alright. I'm just being sentimental," I tell her. I pull away, as I notice just much closer we are. We're only a few people away from the front now.

"It's totally rational to be, especially for all of the milestones that you've gone through," Selene told me a firm nod.

I laughed at her. She was right, like always. "Look you're next," I tell her as we were now literally in front of the shelf.

She took the pen and signed her initials on the shelf. "There," she stated as she held out the pen for me.

I took the pen and glanced at the shelf. I quickly spotted a familiar set of initials DH. The handwriting was his. I looked just below his initials to see in the same bold script DN.

I quickly place EAN next to the DH initials. Then, I walked away, while wiping the tear from my cheek.

Selene walked with me out of the library. It was a somber moment for us. "Did you see David's initials?" I asked as we walked through the hallways back to the parking lot.

"Yeah, do think he did them before... you know," Selene trailed off.

The Hale Fire was a bit of a taboo subject in Beacon Hills. It was a subject that none of us really knew how to talk about it.

As we reached the parking lot, I looked at her. "Yeah, I think he did. The handwriting was the same. And they were best friends, so it makes sense that Derek would put David's initials there. I think most people forget that Derek lost his best friend," I replied as we moved towards our cars.

"Well, at least we know that David wasn't forgotten. I'll see in the morning," Selene said as she pulled me in for another hug. I smiled as I pulled away from my best friend.

"Yup, I'll see you in the morning," I tell her as I get into my audi. It had been a birthday gift to myself with my inheritance money.

I watched Selene pull away from BHHS parking lot. As I followed her car, my thoughts wandered to Derek and where he was.

It was a short drive from the high school back to my uncle's house, where I had lived since the accident. I pulled into my spot, and didn't see Stiles' Jeep, I wasn't sure where he could have gone but I too concerned.

Just as I climbed out of my car, Stiles' familiar blue Jeep pulled into the driveway with the cruiser just behind it. I winced at that the realization that whatever Stiles had done, must have been involved with Uncle Noah's job.

"Hey Stiles," I greeted as he climbed out of his Jeep.

"Ellen," he said in surprise as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Inside Stiles, now," Uncle Noah ordered as he got out of the cruiser, his finger pointed at the front door. I frowned at Stiles kicked puppy face, but I knew that my uncle would not fall for it.

I moved to stand beside my uncle, as Stiles shuffled inside. His pace was slow and reluctant, he had done something to upset Uncle Noah, but I didn't have a clue.

With the door shut, I looked up at Uncle Noah, his green eyes full of frustration. "What did he do this time?" I asked as listened to Stiles climb up the stairs to his room.

Uncle Noah sighed in frustration, before he answered. "I found Stiles when the department and I were out searching. He's been listening in on my phone calls again."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Sorry to hear about that Uncle Noah, are you going back out?"

"Nope, I called it a night, we'll continue the search in the morning. While, both you and Stiles are at school," he answered as he nudged me towards the door. I gave in to the not so subtle hint.

"Night Uncle Noah," I said as I climbed the stairs to get ready for bed.

I quickly went through my nightly routine before I clamored up into my bed, and fell asleep against the grey comforter.

In the morning, I woke up and got ready for my classes. I was nervous about starting my first day of classes, but I knew that I would be okay, as we would probably go over rules and the syllabus for the semester.

 I had gone through my classes quickly, I was more nervous about going to Beacon Hills Preserve later today. Stiles, my cousin, had volunteered himself and me to help Scott McCall on of our friends to go and help find his inhaler.

I was already upset with Stiles about going out to the preserve alone last night, while his father (and my Uncle, the town Sheriff mind you) was out there working. Some joggers had found half of a body last night, and Stiles being Stiles, had taken it upon himself and Scott to go and look for the other half.

Scott got bit last night, while Stiles didn't believe that it was wolf. I knew exactly what had bitten Scott... It was a werewolf, an alpha to be more specific. I had thought that I was the only Alpha wolf in Beacon Hills but if there was a new Alpha in my territory there would be a fight and soon. There was no way that there could be two alphas in one area without a fight for territory. I had shivers running up and down my spine for most of the day.

The final bell of the day rang, allowing all of us Seniors in Mr. White's English class to leave. Selene and I headed towards our lockers, we were both chatting about our classes.

"Hey wanna go for a snack at BHP?" Selene asked as I sorted through my stuff that was in my locker, deciding what to take home and what to leave.

"I can't, Stiles needs my help with something. So, I'm going to be with him and Scott. Maybe tomorrow?" I asked as I looked at my BFF.

She looked fabulous as always, while I was wearing a floral skirt, white sleeveless shirt, my brown leather jacket, with some black knee high socks and my light brown booties. I hated being so short, I practically live in heels and wedges.

"For sure, tomorrow then. I'll see you later, lovely," Selene said as she sprinted down the hall.

"See you tomorrow, S," I called with a wave as I headed in the opposite direction towards the parking lot. I smirked as I raised an eyebrow to see Scott and Stiles leaning against my car.

I sighed and shook my head, before pressing the unlocked button on my keys. Stiles smiled at me as he opened the passenger door and got in. Scott quickly climbed into the back seat.

I moved quickly towards my car. "Hi guys," I said as I got in, tossing my bag in the backseat with Scott.

"Hey, Elle," both them replied.

"Remind me again, why are we taking my car to the Preserve?" I asked as I checked to see that I was clear to leave the parking lot. I pulled out of my spot and drove towards the Beacon Hills Preserve. I pulled up in front of the No Trespassing sign, I so didn't want to do this but Stiles and Scott weren't going to give up.

"Do I really have to go?" I asked as I looked at the pair.

"Yes," Stiles said. I sighed and got out of the car. I knew that if I didn't Stiles would be tempted to pull me out.

We walked through the woods, while Scott tried to recall where exactly he had dropped his inhaler. Stiles made the inevitable werewolf joke, I cringed because I knew it was true. Stiles didn't even realize that he was living with one.

"This is it, this is where I lost my inhaler last night," Scott said as we came to a stop. I looked around me, there wasn't anything but leaves on the ground. A faint scent that was familiar to me, it was close.

I looked up to see a pair of green eyes that I didn't think I would ever see again. I quickly tapped Stiles on the shoulder to get his attention.

Stiles looked up with wide eyes as he saw that we were being watched. Stiles quickly poked Scott, Scott paused in his searching to look up and see Derek Hale.

"What are you doing here? Huh?" he asked as he looked at the three of us. "This is private property."

"Nothing, we were just looking for something. Never mind," Scott said as he turned to look at Stiles and I.

I couldn't believe that I was seeing Derek. I hadn't seen him since he had left Beacon Hills. My heart was starting to hammer in my chest at seeing Derek.

Derek tossed something, which Scott quickly caught in his hand. Stiles and I looked to see that it was Scott's missing inhaler.

"Dude, that was Derek Hale," Stiles pointed out to Scott and myself.

As if I could forget Derek Hale.
-fin

A/N: This is a combination of two pieces that I have previously written on polyvore. Scribe Night and First Meetings Check them out to see the outfits for these pieces. I'm catching up with season 6 of Teen Wolf, but hopefully when Derek returns I'll be able to have a snippet ready for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Ginger Snaps (TAG)

The sun felt warm against sixteen year old Ella's skin, her mahogany hair shined a more vibrant red in the light. A happy sigh fell from...