Wednesday, May 30, 2018

This Is May (Journal)

May is almost over, and a lot has happened this month yet so little at the same time.

What have I done this May?

Mermay, I've been drawing a mermaid everyday in the month of May.I have desperately been wanting to get back into drawing and sketching. This has been a huge motivation for me. I might post pictures next week of my pieces if anyone is interested. There aren't many finished pieces as they're just rough sketches but some of them mean a lot to me, and some are super different.

I did my fifth year of Free Comic Book Day, it was a lot of fun to do with my sister. We've been doing it for five years now and it's always a blast. We're able to see more of the comic book community in our home town. Together we went to two comic books shops in our area and collected the ones we wanted. Our first stop was Starbucks, though for coffee. A tradition that has been going on for five years.

The Titanic Exhibit, on Dia de Madres (Mexico's Mother's Day) my family and I went to the Titanic Exhibit. I've already done a post on my experience.

My sister got a job this month. I'm super happy for her. She's only been on the job for about a week now but she's enjoying it. I drive her to and from work, so my gas has been leaving my car faster than I would like. Gas is really expensive where I live at the moment.

As a kid every Memorial Day weekend, we watched the Indianapolis 500. This meant the phone was off and no one dared to leave the living room after the race had started. It's been a tradition for my dad for a very long time, one that my sister and I have picked up.

This past Sunday was no different, I got up to go to McDonald's for breakfast (another tradition). It was the first year after my dad's heart surgery that we all were able to watch the race. Last year my dad was one state over recovering at a rehab hospital. We did watch the race but it hadn't felt the same without him. This year we watched the race. There were no big crashes this year, which was nice to see. I would have preferred an Andretti Autosport win, but nope.

We have our favorite teams and drivers. And as a general consensus we don't really like Team Penske or the drivers for that team. Just personal preference, they come off a bit snobbish. But that is neither here nor there.

The Indy 500 finished, and imagine to our surprise when ABC said that they would airing the Monaco Grand Prix. I've never seen it on TV before, so it was exciting for me to watch. Dad was pretty pumped too. Following the end of the 78 lap race, the Coca-Cola 600 started. It was great to have all three races back-to-back-to-back. Usually after the 500 we try to catch a nap before the 600 but that didn't happen for me this year. Both my dad and sister took naps to watch the races.

Overall, May has been an interesting one for me. But it felt familiar at the same time. This is May.

-ADF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Ginger Snaps (TAG)

The sun felt warm against sixteen year old Ella's skin, her mahogany hair shined a more vibrant red in the light. A happy sigh fell from...