Monday, March 12, 2018

Winter Favorites

Hello everyone. I apologize for not posting last Friday. To be honest, I was in a bit of a funk where I wasn't sure what to write. Most of the pieces that I've posted have come my nightly journals from last year. I have done some editing, but they aren't original. I do have a few new ideas that I'm going to work on, it will take time so please be patient.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about some of my new favorite things that I've been enjoying the last few weeks and months.

TV: I've been watching a lot of British shows, such as Doctor Who, Victoria, Medici: Masters of Florence. I'm also getting into Historical Drama pieces like Man in the High Castle and the Last Tycoon. I've only seen an episode of Medici, High Castle, and Last Tycoon each but they have peeked my interest.

As for Doctor Who and Victoria, I am hooked. I started watching Victoria just last year after it aired in the UK. I haven't finished the second season yet, but I'm excited to watch it. I enjoy the story, for sure I enjoy the friendship between Lord M and Queen Victoria. It doesn't hurt that Jenna and Rufus make the characters so enjoyable to watch.

I place the blame of watching Doctor Who on Jenna. I have only watched the episodes with Jenna. So the second half of season 7 through 9. I just finished season 10, I'm hoping to catch the Christmas special later this week. I've been busy that I haven't had the time to watch it like I wanted. I'm smitten with whoffaldi, Peter is my favorite Doctor so far. I have seen a few episodes with the ninth and tenth doctor. So, I have a good feel for them, but I'm planning on watching season 1 through the rest. So no spoilers, please.

Books: I've been reading a lot of fanfiction more than books. I have read a few ebooks because I'm apart of a few ARC teams. I won't promote those books here, but they are all really amazing. I may do reviews for them on my review blog. Anyone remember that?

Anyway, I've actually been reading the Little House books by Laura Ingles Wilder. I found a vintage set of the books from the 1970's. I'm still on Little House in the Big Woods but I am enjoying the stories. I adored the Little House books when I was younger, and I'm happy to get the chance to revisit my childhood. I have a big stack of books to read after the Little House books but I'll get it done.

I don't really have a lot of music favorites. I've been enjoying Imagine Dragons, but that's pretty much it in terms of music. So, I'll sign off here. See you on Friday with a new piece.

-ADF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Ginger Snaps (TAG)

The sun felt warm against sixteen year old Ella's skin, her mahogany hair shined a more vibrant red in the light. A happy sigh fell from...