Monday, December 18, 2017

Midnight Stories

A cry woke Oliver Queen, the former billionaire CEO quickly climbed out the bed. He looked at his sleeping wife for a moment, before he turned his attention to the crying baby.

"Shh, Ella, let your mama sleep," he softly told his newborn daughter. He picked her up and began to rock her in his arms.

Oliver paced their room with Amy fast asleep. The new father smiled at his daughter, he moved downstairs and stopped in front of the tree. It was the first Christmas since his return, Oliver would not be able to celebrate with his mother. He smiled sadly at his daughter, as he tried to ignore the sting in his eyes.

"You're going to love Christmas, Ella," he softly spoke as he stared at the warm lights.

The soft glow created a warmth in the room. He told his daughter a few stories about some of the more memorable Christmas' he shared with Amy. The Christmas, after they had met Barry had been an interesting one.

"My favorite Christmas was when, your mom was sixteen. She had come home for Christmas, since she was attending Gotham Preparatory Academy. For whatever reason, we kept getting caught under the mistletoe. Your mom and I kept sharing kisses, but that first kiss we shared. I enjoyed that one the most, but I knew it was Amy's first kiss. I mad it memorable for her, I didn't dare do anything to embarrass her. She was the light of my life so long. When I was gone, I missed Amy the most, but I didn't realize it until she was in front of me again," he confessed out loud.

With tired eyes, Oliver glanced down to see Eleanor Moira Queen fast asleep. He kissed her forehead and carried her back upstairs to his bedroom. Gently, Ella was returned to her crib before he climbed into the bed he shared with his wife. He kissed the crown of Amy's head, as he snuggled into her side to get some sleep.

-fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Ginger Snaps (TAG)

The sun felt warm against sixteen year old Ella's skin, her mahogany hair shined a more vibrant red in the light. A happy sigh fell from...