Friday, October 12, 2018

My Failed OC's


Okay, so back when I started this blog, I shared two of my failed stories. Story ideas that I had hit a road block on that I didn’t/couldn’t continue. I want to go back to that idea but with my OC’s in relation to fanfiction. I’ve shared many of my OC’s, who exist in various universes, I’m pretty sure I have one in just about every universe at this point… Today I want to share some of my failed OC’s or pairings. I’ll do my best to explain why each one failed, and where along the way.

Amelia Carter x Scott Summers: Amy is my frequent Marvel and DC OC. She has multiple ships and ‘verses within the realms of the Marvel and DC universes’. So, all pieces that I’ve ever written of Amy and Scott (Cyclops) whether she be mutant, inhuman, or human never work. There are only a few pieces of Amy and Scott that I have successfully written. Most of them, involve, Scott being cold and rude. Or Amy is getting injured or dying. This has happened in almost every Amy Scott piece. For whatever reason, Amy and Scott are not compatible, which is fine. It led to the creation of Ella, who is happy with Scott (sometimes Scott and Jean)…

Lyra Knight x Rex Racer: Honestly, this one was doomed from the start… This version of Rex Racer is based off the 2008 movie, that many people said was horrible. I didn’t think it was too bad, not as great as the original anime show but not horrible. Lyra and Rex were dating back when they were older teenagers/ young adults. Before Rex faked his own death and left Racer Motorsports, Lyra became pregnant with Ava.

Lyra never got the chance to tell Rex, since he supposedly died. And while, there is a huge part of me that desperately wants Lyra and Rex to be a couple, it won’t happen. When Lyra meets Racer X face to face, she knows or suspects like Speed that he is Rex Racer, she doesn’t fall for the facade that he’s giving the family. But it has been nine years, a lot can and has happened to the pair of them in that time. Rex now lives in the identity of Racer X. While, Lyra struggles to raise her child on her own. They can never be together, simply based on the fact that Rex works with the CIB and he has a thing with Minx. A part of his heart will always belong to Lyra, and he will do anything to protect his daughter when she joins the racing world at sixteen, he won’t ever get to be with his childhood sweetheart and first love.

Ava Oliver x Troy Burrows: Ava Oliver is an OC that is set in an AU of Power Rangers. She is the younger sister of Claire Oliver, my OC who is paired with Hunter Bradley. Ava is the white Megaforce Ranger, she lives in Angel Grove with her Aunt Ashley and Uncle Andros (Yellow and Red in Space Rangers) and attends Hardgrove County High with her friends. This relationship is one that just fizzles out. Ava and Troy realize that they are better off as friends, this relationship holds a special place in their hearts as it’s their first relationship.

The blame for the fallout of this relationship lies with their Ranger duties getting away. They don’t get the time they need to just be Troy and Ava. They remain good friends after the ending of their relationship. Troy is the first person who learns about Ava’s acceptance to Amber Beach University for college. Plus, he is the one who encourages her to apply for the internship at the museum, which leads Ava into becoming the White Dino Charge Ranger. (Which is a story in and of itself that I want to write and share at a later date.)

-fin


Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA for almost two weeks. I meant to post this last week, but I was busy with a lot of other things. Life and I got a new computer, super excited to start working on new video projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Ginger Snaps (TAG)

The sun felt warm against sixteen year old Ella's skin, her mahogany hair shined a more vibrant red in the light. A happy sigh fell from...