Monday, February 12, 2018

Sunset on the Nile (Charmed)

A smile crossed Sapphire’s lips as she soaked in the warmth that came for the Egyptian sun. The Nile was smooth and calm, as the Deveraux witch sat on the dock and dangled her feet into the river.

“You’re enjoying yourself, too much,” a voice smugly commented from behind the teen.

Sapphire glanced over her shoulder. She easily spotted and recognized her best friend’s older brother. “Wyatt, what are you doing her here?” the sixteen year old female asked in surprise.

Mel was worried, she sent me to look for you. Imagine to my surprise that after using the scrying crystal, you were here in Egypt. Why are you here?” a curious expression on his face as he crossed his arms.

The purple haired teen rolled her eyes, “I’m visiting some family with my mom for the month. It’s kinda what we we do. July is spent in Egypt with my mom’s family, August in France with dad’s family. It’s how my summer’s have been for the last eleven years, just after their divorce.

“Next time, Mel asks bring her with you. My aunts and uncles have been wanting to meet my best friend. Especially given the fact that she’s a daughter of a Charmed One. And no I didn’t advertise that information, my Aunt Isis recognized your mom from one of the pictures that I brought to show off some of my adventures with Mel.”

Wyatt chuckled as he sat down next to the teenager, “I’ll ask Mom, but it shouldn’t be an issue. Mel will probably freak out, a little.”

The Twice Blessed Child paused as he took in the scenery around him, the wind blew gently it felt nice to enjoy the warmth of the sun. “So, this is the Nile. It’s pretty,” he admitted as he looked over at Sapphire.

Bright blue eyes met brown as Sapphire met Wyatt’s gaze. “Yeah, I love the fact that our family owns a house by the river. Dad owns a house on the beach in France. I spend most of my summers swimming or soaking in the sun. I love the beaches at home, but there’s something more peaceful or different,” she admitted aloud as her attention moved back to the river.

Wyatt closed his eyes and enjoyed the salt filled air, “Yeah, there is,” he agreed as he bumped his shoulder into Saph’s.

Sapphire laughed at the twenty-one year old’s antics. The pair sat on the dock and enjoyed the brilliant sunset together. A few words were exchanged but the duo primarily watched as the sun reflected off the water.

From the doorway, a crowd of Imar witches watched the duo. All were curious about who was with the Deveraux witch, none dared to interrupt. Both Zara and Isis, Sapphire’s mother and aunt smiled at the sight of the Halliwell male with Sapphire. Isis could easily see the bond between the two. While, it wasn’t a romantic bond, the witch who resided along the Nile could easily tell that this was a precious bond. One that could eventually become romantic if nurtured and taken care of.

-fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Ginger Snaps (TAG)

The sun felt warm against sixteen year old Ella's skin, her mahogany hair shined a more vibrant red in the light. A happy sigh fell from...